MY ASTRONOMY WEBSITE

Doug's astronomy

All photos were taken by me.YOU CAN VIEW A LARGER PHOTO IN THE SLIDE SHOW BY CLICKING IT.


Created with flickr slideshow.

Friday, May 15, 2009

SLR vs. Point and shoot

 Well I've finally got my first SLR camera and I have a great point and shoot as well. Lets start with the point and shoot.
 The point and shoot I have is the Fujifilm s1000fd which has some great features. It has manual controls but not really full manual controls like an SLR. The picture quality with this camera is excellent. It has a 12 times zoom and the macro feature is pretty good for not being a true macro. 
 Problems with this camera are very long shutter lag, no image stabilization,can't shoot in raw and not many accessories for the camera,like filters which would be a big plus for the camera.

 Now moving onto the SLR. I bought the Sony A200, the camera so far is great the features are better then the Canon XS which I did a comparison between the two. There is virtually no shutter lag on this camera at all. It has a 9 point auto focus,it has face detection eye focus. The camera takes excellent photos in raw and has great manual features as all SLR cameras should. 
 The only downsides that I have found with the SLR is that it is much larger than my point and shoot which I don't mind that. And dust dust dust is a problem. I have had it for about 2 weeks and I have already had some dust on the sensor which was easily blown off but still a pain. 
 I highly recommend buying an SLR over a point and shoot.

This is by no means a complete list of pros and cons for both cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lonely

Lonely

Endless

Endless

Take a seat

Take a seat

Another day

Another day